Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The plane, the plane!

Sleep sweat. The kind of film that accumulates on my face when I fall asleep in a moving vehicle, in this case, an airplane.
.
I must have dozed off. I really can't stand sleep sweat but I must say, its been a while since I experienced it. I was jolted from my slumber by a tiny bit of turbulence on our plane to Ft. Lauderdale. As I awoke briefly, I was reminded of the last time I had sleep sweat. Yes... It's the weird thoughts that always bring me back.
.
I was remembering Mexico.
I would fall asleep as my father drove through the dusty roads of central Mexico. This brought a whole slew of memories back. Mainly, the idea of travel... I felt comforted. I was leaving work behind and was finally getting a much deserved vacation. I smiled at the notion that Miami was gonna be an odd setting for Thanksgiving but also I realized that it doesn't matter where you are as long as you're with the ones you love.
.
My face was tired, I could tell. I wonder how long I've looked like this? - with my face all tired looking. I started thinking about splashing my face with cold water and drying my face off with a nice thick towel which was my custom in Mexico when we couldn't take showers. That's my release. How refreshing. And symbolic. After doing this I would often look in the mirror and reflect. This plane is the splash of water..and the towel? Well, that's the rest I will get and the time I'll spend with family.
.
Morgan was quietly reading a book as my gaze turned toward her. I was glad to be in this plane. I was thankful to be going somewhere different for a change. It'll help sooth my mind. I immediately felt refreshed... So I dozed again, into my thoughts

.
.


[Sent from my BlackBerry®]

No comments: