Friday, October 16, 2009

Watch the weather change

Its a pretty grey day and part of me is excited that it is fall but over the last two years I've grown fond of the summer. I'm a cold weather lover by default so this is new to me to have a bummed mentality about the weather.

I generally like hiking in the fall and camping just seems better when you can make a fire to keep you warm.

Though, this past summer brought many outdoor adventures. I guess I've learned to appreciate this a little more. The hot weather. Being able to swim a whole lot more than before. I jumped off my first cliff this summer. A part of me died and was reborn on that jump. I can say the same about the summer.

So now it is cold, grey, and there are new autumnal adventures to be had. It will be almost a yhear since Momma Cook has passed away. Those memories slowly will return.

There's something strangely nostalgic about the cold air.

My job gives me the luxury of being outside so I can't take this cold damp weather for granted. I could be stuck inside all day. Eh.


So. There you go.

+
gc
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: